4. Attorney Profile
5. NC Divorce Laws
6. Types of Divorce in North Carolina
7. Divorce Statistics
8. Thank You!
9. Absolute Divorce in NC
10. NC Spousal Support (aka Alimony)
11. Effect of Marital Misconduct
12. Divorce Resources
13. NC Family Law & Divorce Forms
14. Helpful Articles and Practical Advice
15. Ask a Lawyer!
16. My ex-Husband and I have a custody and child support agreement in place, but he has decided to unilaterally decrease his child support payments, and at the same time has served me with a complaint to modify child support. What are my options?
17. My spouse has committed adultery 4 times and i have it on a permission given tape recording. She acknowledges she put my children at risk, and chose him over everyone. She has lied to me for 10 months giving multiple stories, increasing my distress. Please help. I want a divorce bad enough I will move.
18. Link to Us
19. Disclaimers and Legal Stuff
20. Collaborative Divorce
23. Terms and Conditions
24. No-Cost North Carolina Divorce Guide
25. Thank You for Ordering Your Guide!
26. NC Child Support Laws
27. I’m wanting to start a divorce situation but my spouse had left the country . When she went away from the home she never said anything about going back to her country , we lived together for 3 weeks ,I came home one day and she was gone. I don’t have an address for her, but she has aggree to get divorce but does not answer my emails . On one respond she had agree on sending me the address when I was ready for it ( divorce ) . How can this be done ? Are there ways to get around it ? Thanks.
28. About Us
29. Divorce Assessment
30. NC Child Custody Laws
31. Uncontested Divorce in North Carolina
32. Helpful Divorce Links & Resources
33. I am the supporting spouse and my wife had an affair and admitted to martital misconduct. Someone told me that if I have sexual relations with her after learning of the affair that it is automatic forgiving of the behavior and she would be eligible again for Alimony. Is this true, and if so, still true even thought I never forgave or condoned the behavior and still demand that she end it.
34. Equitable Distribution in NC
35. NC Equitable Distribution Statute § 50‑20
36. Overview of North Carolina Divorce
37. My husband is a retired vet. We have been apart for several years. We have a home that he has never lived in and has always called my home. I had the home built while he was overseas a have paid for the upkeep of the home. My husband agreed to pay his portion of retirement (military states a certain portion goes to spouse if divorce) because children have lived with me. Would my retaining ownership of the home be difficult? I hear that you have to sell whatever you jointly own.
38. I have a 4 year old son with my husband. I want to divorce because he is verbally abusive. He harrasses me at work by calling over and over; has me paged overhead if I don’t answer. I want to leave but he will not let me leave with the child. If I leave without the child will I risk losing custody of the child. He is a police officer so he verbally threatens and says he will get custody of child. My sanity is at risk and need to get out. What do I do?
39. In North Carolina, can alimony end when the dependent spouse remarries?
40. After filing a separation agreement, assuming that you’ve met the 12-month rule of living separately, how long does it typically take to get a uncontested divorce. Is it immediate after filing the paperwork?
41. Collaborative Divorce Video
42. I was told that because of my financial situation, and my husband’s temper that I should consider going through a paralegal who works closely with lawyers if I were to need one. Can I use a paralegal if there is a child involved?
43. Shareasale Confirmation
44. In North Carolina is a spouse entitled to half her husband’s pension? If so, when does she get it and is it considered income when considering Alimony and Child Support?
45. My husband left me for another woman and now i want custody of our two young children. How and where do i start? He isnt helping me pay for the kids and took all of the money when he left.
47. Divorce Consulting
48. Divorce Mediation
49. Collaborative Divorce
50. Collaborative Divorce with Kids
51. Divorce Process Orientation
52. If I married and never consummated the marriage, can I get an annulment?
53. In everything that I read it talks about the spouse actually touching the other person… If deviate sexual acts also included non-physical things like talking about sex or sending pictures…
54. My wife and I are going to pursue separation and I have a reason to belived that she is having an affair, she had admitted that she have physical attraction towards her boss. How can I get joint custody of my five children.
55. I’ve been sperated for 4 yrs, and I want a divorce. How long will it take to get the divorce?
56. Can a mother relocate to another state (NY) before separation and divorce proceedings begin? I want to start these proceedings but do not have any family support here. My husband and I are both originally from NY.
57. I just found out my wife had an affair. Now she’s also online dating. Can I file divorce and ask her to leave?
58. My wife and I are legally separated and have signed a settlement agreement. Subsequently, during an attempt at reconciliation, my name was added to the deed of our home which we own outright. My wife intends to remain in the home as a primary residence. May I seek a financial claim of half the equity?
59. Thank You!
60. If I’ve been married for only two months and I have proof of my husband’s infidelity, can I get a divorce now?
61. I am seeking separation from my husband of 26 years. I have no money of my own and have depended on him entirely for support. I can’t work because I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue, and I can’t get on disability. How do I support myself during the separation and do I have to leave or does he have to leave.
62. Can I get a QDRO to divide up my husband’s pension (NY state and army) without getting a divorce? I do not want to lose my medical plan.
63. My husband and I have been separated for over a yr (NC law) and he still lives in IN and I now live here. I however have only lived here since July he had asked for divorce last yr and has yet to file can I file now or do I have to wait until I’ve lived in NC for 6 months? Thank you any information would be a great help.
64. I believe that my husband is having an affair online, what are my rights for me and my son?
65. I was married to a same sex partner in CT about 2.5 years ago. What are options for divorce now that I reside in NC (I resided in Michigan prior to NC so I don’t think either was the most accomodating)
66. My wife abandoned me in July of last year. We’ve been through the mediation process, and now after a year has passed is filing for absolute divorce. Is this something that I do not have to sign off on due to religious reasons?
67. Thank you!
68. Our Guarantee
69. Thank you – We will be contacting you soon!
70. Thank you for providing feedback to The Hart Law Firm!
1. 10 Things You Should Never Do When Getting Divorced
2. 12 Signs you might be headed for Divorce
3. 4 Behaviors that can lead to divorce
4. 5 Raleigh Divorce Lawyers join Separating Together
5. 5 things to do before you start the process of getting a divorce
6. A Great Explaination of the Collaborative Divorce Process
7. A Sincere Apology… I’ve been lazy
8. A word about customer service…
9. Absolute Divorce Only?
10. Additional Collaborative Divorce Lawyers I recommend
11. Al Gore and Tipper to Separate after 40 years
12. Alimony and Taxes in North Carolina
13. Amnesty for Child Support?
14. Another Family Law Attorney I like
15. Are you scared to call a law firm?
16. Bankruptcy and Divorce – Thoughts to Consider
17. Bankruptcy and Divorce… When to file?
18. Be careful when and how you tell your spouse that you are leaving them
19. But I don’t want to be a Daddy…
20. Can I complete an absolute divorce if my spouse won’t cooperate?
21. Can I modify my child support?
22. Can I purchase a new home while going through a divorce?
23. Can I stop paying child support?
24. Can Virtual Visitation replace actual visitation?
25. Can Your Marriage Be Saved?
26. Chicago Divorce Lawyer Charged
27. Child Custody in Cary
28. Collaborative Divorce – Is it right for you?
29. Collaborative Divorce is catching on…
30. Collaborative Divorce is great for the kids
31. Common QDRO Questions and Answers
32. Consumer Bankruptcy Guide
33. Divorce and Child Custody in Cary
34. Divorce and kids around the holidays… Ugh…
35. Divorce and Parenting in Raleigh
36. Divorce during the Holidays – What to do?
37. Divorce Insurance… Really?
38. Divorce Mediation in Cary
39. Do I need a Consent Judgment?
40. Do I need to have a custody evaluation?
41. Do it Yourself Divorce – Is it for you?
42. Do you need a custody evaluation?
43. Do you Skype?
44. Easy tools to make post divorce transfers easier for the kids
45. Family Law Meetings – Day 1 in Charleston
46. Family Law Meetings in Charleston
47. Family Law Meetings in Charleston – Day 2
48. Florida Ban on Gay Adoption is Unconstitutional
49. Friday Funny – Clumsy Best Man Ruins Wedding
50. Getting a divorce in North Carolina: Some Pitfalls
51. Golf Tournament to Save Shelter Dogs for CARA
52. Help – My religion prohibits divorce, what can I do?
53. How a Collaborative Divorce could save your business
54. How do I decide whether to accept a case?
55. How do you decide which lawyer is best for you?
56. How do you decide who moves?
57. How does Collaborative Divorce work?
58. How does divorce mediation work in North Carolina?
59. How Health Care Reform will Impact your Divorce
60. How to divide a pension in a divorce?
61. How to divide retirement assets in a divorce
62. How to pay for two households after you separate
63. How to prepare for divorce tip #10: Avoid additional Debt of Major Purchases
64. How to prepare for divorce tip #11: Who moves?
65. How to prepare for divorce tip #12: Keep a Diary
66. How to Prepare for divorce tip #1: Find the right lawyer (Hint – consider a collaborative divorce lawyer)
67. How to Prepare for Divorce Tip #2: Have you considered Collaborative Divorce?
68. How to Prepare for divorce tip #3: Account for the Family Finances
69. How to prepare for divorce tip #4: Photocopy all the financial records
70. How to prepare for divorce tip #5: Prepare a Budget
71. How to prepare for divorce tip #6: Document and Safeguard your Property
72. How to prepare for divorce tip #7: Establish Your Own Credit
73. How to prepare for divorce tip #8: Assess Your Financial Situation
74. How to prepare for divorce tip #9: Credit Cards and Lines of Credit
75. How to proceed if your spouse won’t agree to a divorce
76. How will the Housing Market affect divorce rates?
77. I received an inheritance and put it into a joint account with my spouse, can I keep it?
78. I’m all in with Collaborative Divorce
79. Is a Divorce from Bed and Board a Divorce?
80. Is Divorce Contagious?
81. Is Facebook to blame for your divorce?
82. Is your Raleigh Divorce Attorney ethical?
83. Learning How to Be Alone
84. Looking for a good divorce mediator?
85. Mom with Breast Cancer loses Custody of kids
86. More posts in the middle of the night…
87. More Wake County Lawyers I recommend
88. My Ex left the state – Now What?
89. NC Child Custody – Best interests of the child… What is that?
90. New Facebook Business Page
91. New Information About Collaborative Law
92. New Information on NC Child Support
93. New Information on Uncontested Divorce in North Carolina
94. New York is last state to allow “no-fault” divorce
95. No Court Divorce: Less Stress, Happier Kids… a better way
96. Off my game…
97. Other Cary Lawyers I recommend
98. Phone interruptions will cause legal work to suffer
99. Preparing for Divorce – The Final Tip: Be Good!
100. Press Release – Raleigh Divorce Lawyer James Hart reopens law firm in NC!